The ARK™ – All-purpose Readiness Kits The ARK is THE ultimate ALL-IN-ONE Emergency Food Storage product. It contains a broad variety of 19 different JUST-ADD-WATER gourmet meals by Chef’s Banquet™.
Each meal is conveniently packaged in a 5-10 serving sized, zipseal, mylarfoil pouch with an oxygen absorber to ensure an oxygen free environment. This allows us to enjoy a SHELF-LIFE of up to 20 years when stored properly in a cool, dry place. The ARK is designed to provide 2,000 calories a day when you select 6 or more servings of your favorite meals each day. Chef’s Banquet™ recipes have been award-winning family favorites in the retail market for over 20 years. From delicious, creamy soups like Hearty Potato and Cheddar Broccoli to organic freeze-dried fruit, everyone can find a favorite meal in the ARK. Convenient 5-10 serving re-sealable pouches.
Chef’s Banquet™ uses a combination of freeze-dried and dehydrated ingredients. In some cases freeze-dried is ideal, and for other items dehydration is most appropriate. For example, a freeze-dried strawberry is convenient since rehydration is unnecessary and it can be consumed easily in cereal or as a snack. Another example would be freeze-dried lasagna with meat where it is frozen, dried and packaged for easy rehydration. In soups and other mixes where the ingredients will be reydrated in warm or boiling water, dehydrated ingredients are best. When space is a concern dehydrated ingredients can take up less than a 1/3 of the space that freeze-dried ingredients do.
* Natural Granola
* Apple Blueberry Granola
* Pudding Dessert
*Freeze Dried Fruit Mix
* Italian Polenta
* Beef Flavored Vegetable Stew
* Instant Cheddar Broccoli Soup
* Instant Mashed Potatoes
* Chicken Flavored Vegetable Stew
* Mac & Cheese
* Western Chili Hearty
* Potato Soup
* Mixed Vegetables
* Red Beans & Rice
* Regular Whey Milk
* Chocolate Whey Milk
* Breakfast Orange Drink
|Number of 360 Serving Buckets|
|Total Calories / Day|
|Days @ 2,000 cal.|
|Months @ 2,000 cal./day|
|Days @ 1,000 cal.|
|Months @ 1,000 cal./day|
The most important factors in long-term shelf life foods are:
1. Ingredients: Are the ingredients suitable for long-term shelf life? a. For example: even in ideal storage conditions studies show almonds may only keep for 12-24 months before they turn rancid.
2. Moisture Free: Is the product moisture free when packaged?
3. Packaging: Packaging plays a crucial role in prolonging shelf life. Ideally packaging should provide an effective barrier against oxygen, moisture, light and insects.
4. Oxygen Free: Is the product packaged with an appropriately sized oxygen absorber? a. While appropriate for oxygen displacement in most packaged foods you would find at the grocery store, a nitrogen flush is not sufficient for long-term shelf life. An appropriately sized oxygen absorber will continue to remove oxygen for years if used properly. Be wary of companies with extensive shelf-life claims where oxygen absorbers are not used.
5. Storage conditions: a cool, dry location is ideal. Do your best to store your food storage items at or below room temperature.